Use the above tabs for extended information on this product.
Dust consists of fine particles of matter found in the atmosphere and come from various sources such as soil, dust lifted by weather and pollution.
Dust in homes, offices, and other human environments contains small amounts of plant pollen, human and animal hairs, textile fibers, paper fibers, minerals from outdoor soil, human skin cells, burnt meteorite particles, and many other materials found in the local environment.
Dust that settles in your indoor environment may contain allergens and the nature, type and contents of these allergens can vary depending upon the time and place. The assessment of allergens in a house dust sample is an essential step for allergen-avoidance and provides information essential for allergen-reducing measures, in addition to managing your indoor environment from a health and hygiene point of view.
Common effects of house dust can include:
- Itchy skin and eyes
- Runny nose
- Sinus Issues
- Bronchial infections
- Nasal congestion
House Dust Screen Check Directions:
Suggested Sampling Locations:
IMPORTANT** At least 1 gram (or 1 tablespoon) of solid dust collection is needed for analysis.
- 1. Carpet: This kit is designed to collect dust from a carpet, so it’ll be best not to vacuum the floor in advance too closely to the date of the test. (See Sampling Instructions included with your test kit)
- 2. Heavy Dust Collection: Even If you do not have any carpet to sample, you can collect dust from almost any surface as long as there is a heavy dust build-up available for sampling.
Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab) will provide a final report included in the cost of the House Dust Allergen Screen Check. EDLab utilizes state-of-the-art MARIATM technology from Indoor Biotechnologies (www.inbio.com) for the screening of house dust allergens. This report will show detailed information for each allergen identified as measured in terms of micrograms of allergen per gram of dust sample. Your final report will be delivered in a PDf via email within 10-14 business days.
This home test will:
- Multiplex Array Testing for: Dust mite (Der p 1, Der f 1P), Cockroach (Bla g 2), Animals (cat (Fel d 1), and dog (Can f 1), Molds
- Be quick and easy
- Include the Lab Analysis Emailed in PDF Format in 3-5 Days
- Include Sample Collection Device for 1 Surface Sampling Location
This test collects the same samples used by expensive professionals.
Everything you need to collect your sample and send it for analysis is included. There are no additional fees required after test purchase.
This is a safe, easy House Dust screening test for your home or office.