Use the above tabs for extended information on this product.
A toxic substance produced by a fungus and especially a mold (myco means fungal).
Some Types of Mycotoxins
- Aflatoxins (produced by Aspergillus) - includes Aflatoxin B1, B2, G1, G2, M1 and M2
- Ochratoxin - includes Ochratoxin A, B, and C
- Trichothecene (produced by Stachybotrys) - includes Satratoxin-H, Vomitoxin and T-2 mycotoxins
- Fumonisins - includes Fumonisin B1 and B2
Most mycotoxins found in the U.S. are Aflatoxins.
Now more than ever the potential health effects of Mycotoxins are being given serious consideration due to their potential health hazards. Even though we may never have heard of them, mycotoxins are produced by various fungi growing in the indoor environment and affect occupants in buildings primarily through inhalation.Mycotoxins are known to interfere with RNA synthesis and may cause DNA damage.
The chemical substance Cytotoxins can cause cell disruption and interfere with essential cellular process. Some mycotoxins are potent carcinogenics, some are vasoactive, and some penetrate the blood-brain barrier to cause Central Nervous System (CNS) effect. The assessment of the extent of Mycotoxin contamination is the essential step in reducing exposure to such toxin and their effects.
You may want to consider this test if you suffer from:
- Cold-like symptoms
- Sinus inflammation
- Eye irritation
- Aggravation of asthma
- Inability to concentrate
MYCOTOX Screen Check Directions:
This test will be sent with a collection instructions to gather your sample. The Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory at Pure Air Control Services provides an ELISA based technique (Limit of Detection is 0.14 parts per billion) for the rapid screening of Trichothecene Mycotoxin.
Suggested Sampling Locations:
**IMPORTANT** At least 1 gram (or 1 tablespoon) of solid dust collection is needed for analysis.
- 1. Carpet: This kit is designed to collect dust from a carpet, so itâ€™ll be best not to vacuum the floor in advance too closely to the date of the test. (Review the Sampling Instructions provided with the test kit.)
- 2. Heavy Dust Collection: Even If you do not have any carpet to sample, you can collect dust from almost any surface as long as there is a heavy dust build-up available for sampling.
Everything you need to collect and send your sample for analysis is included in the test kit you will receive.
The Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory at Pure Air Control Services provides an ELISA based method for the rapid screening of trichothecene mycotoxin. Mycotoxin (Trichothecenes) concentration results are expressed in parts per billion (ppb).
Your lab analysis will be emailed to you in a PDF in 10-14 days.
- Identify and Provides Concentration Levels for Mycotoxins
- Be quick and easy
- Include a Sample Collection Device for one location
- Include the Lab Analysis emailed in PDF Format in 10-14 Days
This test collects the same samples used by expensive professionals.
Everything you need to collect your sample and send it for analysis is included. There are no additional fees required after test purchase.
This is a safe, easy MYCOTOX screening test for your home or office.